- 1 whole chicken, rinsed & giblets removed (yuck, I hate the word giblets)
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary or other herb
- half of an onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves (or more)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan or cast iron skillet, and rub outside of chicken with olive oil.
- Sprinkle inside and out with rosemary and salt & pepper.
- Place onion pieces in chicken cavity along with any extra rosemary.
- Stick the garlic under the skin of the chicken.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 30 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the bird.
- Remove from oven and baste with drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
PS- Rosemary grows really well in Central Texas, give it a try. We have lots of rosemary growing in our yard and enjoy it all year long.