What you need:
- 4 large Roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat broiler.
- Place tomatoes and jalapeno pepper on a foil covered cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until outsides of veggies are charred to your liking.
- Remove and discard jalapeno stem.
- In a food processor or blender, coarsely chop the charred vegetables, garlic, onion, cilantro, and cumin. Transfer to a bowl and mix in salt & lime juice. Eat up!
Here's my charred jalapeno... it kind of looks like a dried up frog.
We had tamales for dinner and topped them off with my salsa. Glad it didn't taste like frog.