- 1 can salmon (6oz) drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- olive oil for frying
Combine the first eight ingredients in a bowl. Add more mayonnaise or breadcrumbs as needed.
Form the salmon mixture into patties. Place the patties on a wax paper lined pan or plate and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the salmon cakes until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
I like to serve the salmon cakes over a spinach salad.
I topped the cakes with a little plain Greek yogurt mixed with horseradish, lemon juice, garlic and dill.
Now these, I'll eat!