I started off our marriage making pancakes with Bisquick. Those Bisquick pancakes didn't satisfy Mr.Perfect's desire for big puffy, restaurant quality pancakes. I tried various recipes making the batter from scratch and some of them were quite good. But... not very long ago I came across this recipe that called for vinegar. I'm a big fan of secret/weird ingredients! So, when I made these and tested them on Mr.Perfect and Trouble I said not a word about the vinegar. My family loved these pancakes. I think Trouble's exact words were, "Mom these are the bestest pancakes ever!"
What you need:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking bowder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Also let me give you a little tip. I got this pan from my mom, Nana, for Christmas last year. She got it on Amazon, she's a big Amazon fan. Anyway, I think this pan was designed just to make wonderful pancakes and I love it! I NEVER have to use cooking spray or grease it. It's a perfect pancake pan!
What you do:
- Combine milk with vinegar and set aside for about 5 minutes. Yep, that's right! The milk is getting all nice and sour. Yummy!
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg, melted butter and vanilla into soured milk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the soured milk mixture. Do not over mix this, mix until everything is just wet.
- Feel free to add stuff to these pancakes. Mr.Perfect and I like mashed banana and pecans. Trouble likes chocolate chips. Blueberries are great too!
- Heat the pan at a medium low temp. I don't grease my pan because I've got an awesome pan but, if you need it this would be the time to grease your pan. Pour 1/4 cupfulls of batter on the skillet. Cook until you see little bubbles on the pancake. Flip pancake and cook until browned.
|Banana Nut Pancakes|