The next few days I'll be posting appetizers perfect for Super Bowl Sunday. That being said I am in no way shape or form a football fan. I do however like eating the yummy snack food that accompanies watching football.
This recipe, for marinated cheese, is always a big hit.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1. In a measuring cup, combine the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
2. Cut the block of sharp cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices to form squares. Repeat with cream cheese. (Try putting the cream cheese in the freezer for a few minutes to make slicing easier.)
3.Arrange cheese squares alternately in rows in a container.
4. Pour the marinade over the cheese slices. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
5. Place slices on a serving platter so they are still arranged in an alternating pattern. Spoon some of the extra marinade over the cheese, and serve with crackers.