What's there not to love about hummus?
It's easy to make, a healthy alternative to traditional dip, and it's so yummy.
What you need:
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste, don't substitute with peanut butter... trust me)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch paprika (I love the smell of paprika!)
1. Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, parsley, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor.
2. Drizzle in the olive oil as you blend the mixture. Blend until smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and serve with pita chips.