I harvested some broccoli today and thought I'd cook it my favorite way. You guessed it... roasted! Maybe I should seek help with my roasting addiction?
What you need:
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the broccoli florets into bite size pieces. (Don't waste the stalk! Peel and slice it.)
- Put the broccoli in a mixing bowl and combine with olive oil, salt, pepper and cracker crumbs.
- Spread the mixture on a foil lined cookie sheet and put in the oven. Roast until the broccoli is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Add cheese and serve immediately.
It's so good, even Trouble likes it!