What you need:
- 3.5 oz chocolate of your choice, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint or mint extract
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl and put in freezer. (It needs to get cold so it won't melt the ice cream.)
- Using a mixer, mix the eggs in a bowl until light. (about 2 minutes)
- Mix in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue mixing until blended, about 1 minute more. (It should look thicker now.)
- Pour the cream and milk into egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Add mint to mixture and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer’s instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens, add the chopped chocolate and let it mix in ice cream maker for a minute. It's done!
Makes 1 overflowing quart.
|My stand mixer makes the job easy.|
|Ice Cream Maker|
PS- Some of you may be horrified by raw eggs in your ice cream, I understand. If you have a raw egg phobia try pasteurized eggs or egg beaters, they can both be found at the grocery store.