I love to read! That being said, I know many smart & wonderful people who just don't like it. I also know that these wonderful people love their children and want them to be readers even though they aren't. (That's what makes them smart.)
Make A Lifetime Reader, It's Easy!1. Get a book.
2. Get a child.
3. Read the book to the child.
Book Time Tips
- Get comfortable! Find a relaxing spot on the couch, in a big soft chair, or in bed and let that be your child's favorite reading spot. Trouble loves to get in my bed in his PJ's.
- Make it fun! Let them pick the books or read books about things they find interesting. Trouble loves reading about little boys who get into trouble... imagine that.
- Set a good example! Make sure your child sees you reading too. When Trouble reads to himself, I read my book and Mr. Perfect reads a magazine.
- Make it a habit! Schedule the time so that it can be part of their normal routine. For me, reading is like brushing my teeth. If I don't read before bed... I just don't feel right.
Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot Collection (Books 1-4)
Where the Wild Things Are
The Lonely Doll
Duck on a Bike
Guess How Much I Love You
Magic Tree House Boxed Set, Books 5-8: Night of the Ninjas, Afternoon on the Amazon, Sunset of the Sabertooth, and Midnight on the Moon
Henry and Mudge: The First Book