What you need:
- box chocolate cake mix
- 2 boxes of chocolate pudding
- can of cherry pie filling
- tub of cool whip
What you do:
- Make the chocolate cake as directed on box. I split the batter between 2 pans. Easy!
- While the cake is cooking and cooling make the puddings as directed on the box. Easy!
- When the cake is cooled cut all the cake into 1-2 inch cubes. Put half of the cubes into your trifle bowl, squish the cubes down. Easy!
- Put half of the can of cherry pie filling on top of the cake. Easy!
- Put half of the pudding on top of the cherries. Easy!
- Put half of the cool whip on the pudding. Easy!
- Layer the rest of the ingredients in the same order ending with cool whip. Easy!
- Now, if you want to get fancy you can put chocolate shavings, chocolate curls, or a cherry on top.